We provide you with the right advice and services to complete your cabin project

First and foremost, we always advise contacting your local Council to discuss possible plans on any buildings whether it’s a garden office or modular build.

Please note that any building that requires planning permission can be arranged by Lincs-Cabins Ltd.

Building control is also arranged by Lincs-Cabins Ltd, we can either pair up with the local Council or use trusted independent companies. The main function of building control is to ensure that the requirements of the building regulations are met in all types of non-exempt development. Generally, they examine plans, specifications and other documents submitted for approval and survey work as it proceeds from the ground works to final sign off.

Please see below specific FAQs in relation to building and planning regulations, you can view the regular FAQs by using the button from the main menu.

Does my garden room require planning permission?

Garden rooms or buildings do not require planning permission, if they fall within permitted development guidelines. To classify as an 'outbuilding' under permitted development rules, it must NOT contain sleeping accommodation and must be single storey with a maximum eaves height of 2.5m.

Do granny annex's/garden annex's require planning permission?

Granny annexes or garden annexes with someone living in it on a day-to-day basis will always need either planning permission or a Certificate of Lawfulness from your LPA. Some temporary-style buildings such as leisure buildings that are not going to be lived in may not need planning permission. A Certificate of Lawfulness Existing is a certificate issued by your Local Planning Authority (LPA) which confirms that a building or use of land is lawful. Importantly, this will provide immunity from planning enforcement.

Do portable offices/classrooms and other types of modular buildings require planning permission?

All modular buildings require planning permission. Planning requirements state that regardless of size, any building or structure in place over a 28 day period has to have planning approval.